Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My run-in.... with the floor

So when I was working on Sunday I went into a patients room to get them registered. I slammed my two middle fingers in the door and it hurt so bad. I have slammed my fingers in the sliding doors before, but this time it kind of took my breath away. I started asking the pt some questions, like address, phone number stuff and I got really lightheaded. Then......I woke up on the floor. I have been told that I probably "vegaled out" I guess that means that I did something (slammed my fingers in the door) to trigger my vegas nerve and I passed out, they said my eyes were open the whole time I was down, but I didn't see anything, it was crazy. I know..how embarassing, I face planted right in front of patients. Anyway, I got a pretty good goose egg above my left eyebrow and got a concussion. I had to be out of work for a few days. I am so lucky that I didn't bust my head open. Anyway they had to give me iv fluids(cause my blood pressure would drop if I stood up) and do a cat scan of my head, xray my fingers and give me some good pain meds. Come Monday, I was still in so much pain, my head hurt so bad so I went to my primary dr and they gave me a shot of Torodal. (AMAZING) It helped SO MUCH. So now all is well, just a little tired, but what mom isn't, right? That's my story.

2 comments:

Lacey T said...

Ouch! I'm glad you're okay!

Chelsey Howard said...

That is crazy!! What are the odds? I'm glad your okay, thank Heaven for meds:)