Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Longest Night Ever

So, last night was insane. Logan was great all day other than a little fever I attributed to teething. We put him down for bed around 9pm, he went to sleep just fine all by himself. Well, come 11 pm I hear Logan screaming at the top of his lungs out of nowhere. I went in his room to get him and normally he will calm down and go back to sleep, but nooooooo he is screaming bloody murder. So I took him out to the living room and he would not stop crying, we tried EVERYTHING, warm milk, teething tablets, gas relief stuff,tylenol,driving in the car, rubbing his tummy,sitting outside and OMG I was going crazy, he would not stop for the life of me. He was just sitting in our bed on his knees staring and screaming at me. Finally he fell asleep, or so we thought. He got up again screaming, we finally took him to urgent care and he (again) has an ear infection and the doc said his tummy sounds like he is having difficulty passing "crap" through his intestines. GREAT. So he prescribed an antibiotic for the ear infection and we just gave him motrin when we got home. So now it's 430 Am and he crashes. YAY, but wait, Chad and I have to be up for work in an hour. So today we will be zombies at work all day. Hopefully he can sleep tonight cause I am tuckered out. Thank you to Chad for helping and staying awake the entire time to help out.

2 comments:

John and Melanie said...

Poor little guy! Sounds like it was a hard night for everyone. I hope work went well the next day... I'm so sad we never got together when I was in AZ. All the sudden it was time to leave and I hadn't gotten together with any friends. Hopefully next time :-)

Chelsey Howard said...

You poor thing! All nighters are the WORST! Especially because you guys had to go to work:( I hope he feels better soon, and I hope you guys both get some GOOD sleep:) And yeah we totally need to play! Maybe Wed. afternoon? Let me know.