Saturday, June 7, 2008

The LONGEST two weeks EVER

Ok so these past two weeks have been completely insane. It started with my little Logan getting sick with this fever and wierd rash covering his body. He is so great though because when he is sick he is not cranky. He is a lovable cuddle bug. about 2 days after that I got the absolute WORST headache of my entire life (and I suffer from migraines so it was bad) I worked the whole weekend of the 24th (12 hour shifts) but come Sunday I was feeling SO crappy that I went home early. Well that night I woke up with a fever so I went to the ER (I took every medication I could think of to get rid of that headache and for 3 days nothing worked) So I started to get some neck pain and back pain. While at the ER they did a cat scan of my head that was totally normal. Next, a SPINAL TAP, that's where they draw fluid from your spine with a needle just as big as an epidural needle. Luckily with my headache I didn't even feel it. They did the blood work, IV fluids and the whole 9. Finally the spinal tap results came back and Guess what. VIRAL MENENGITIS. They admitted me for 3 days becaus they couldn't get my headache under control. They did an MRI (normal, brain wave test (normal) and I had to wear a heart monitor the whole time caise my heart rate was abnormal. They gave me every medication (the good stuff too)and nothing worked. It was hell. Anyways so all my sisters got that crazy headache, Jamie was laid out for 4 days. It was crazy. Ok so then we moved Thursday, Friday and we are still emptying out the house in Queen Creek. I love our new house in Mesa though. NO POOL = NO POOL MAINTENENE. YAY!!!!!!! Chad hates the fact that theres no pool, but for the wrong reasons, he wants the dogs to be able to swim. he isn't worried about the humans, he is worried about the dogs. He is so silly. Logan learned some new things this week, he FINALLY claps his hands (Lily got a big head start on that one huh Chels?) he gives high fives, he said "papa" and he is kinda drinking out of a sippy cup. He is so big. Well what do you think? A busy couple weeks?

3 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Yeah Jamie told me that you were super sick for a while:( That's no fun, but I'm glad your over it now:) And Logan is doing good too, yeah:) That's fun that you guys are moved in, exciting! Well I know that life get's crazy so I forgive your absence lately:) But yeah we'll have to do something soon. I hope all is well:)

Anjanette Friestad Ricketts said...

Wow girl I can't believe how busy you've been! Sorry to hear that you were so sick! I am glad you like your new house. Now we will never see each other! We have to plan on a lunch or play date ok? I don't know if you are interested but me and my friend take our kids to the SanTan mall for kids club every other Wednesday at 10. Then we eat lunch and play out in the water. We would love to see you! I will text you tomorrow and make sure you got this.
Sorry I am not so well at keeping my blogs up to date! I need to work on it! Love ya, and will talk to you soon!

Anjanette

Anonymous said...

yeah these were the best weeks of our lives jk i love living with my bff and bnf you guys so totally rock