Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Potty training

Ok, so it is time for potty training. Logan is doing a really great job at it. I have been really afraid of potty training Logan because I felt like it would be so hard, but I was talking with my friend Chelsey about it and she totally changed my thinking.(Thank you Chelsey) My new thinking..."JUST DO IT." I have come to find that if Logan is wearing a diaper, pull up or even big boy underwear he will pee in his pants. The ONLY way to get this boy potty trained is to keep him naked all day long. I am dreading to actually leave the house with him in underwear, but I guess that is the only way to get him used to the fact that if he doesn't go on the potty it will end up ALL over him. We really need to get this knocked out by the time the new baby comes, Logan is ready and we are totally ready. He went poo in the potty on Sunday at my sisters house (I am so grateful that my sisters are helping in the process while we are at work) but he has been holding it now for two days and I left him in his room with his potty and he went all by himself. I am so happy that he is being such a big boy about it. He whined a little bit saying he wanted a diaper on, but I just kept saying no and he finally went all by himself. Hey, this may be easier than I thought it would be. Um...hold that thought...we have dinner with my family tonight and he will be sporting the big boy underwear. Wish me luck!!!!!

1 comment:

Chelsey Howard said...

WOW!! That's awesome! Going poo on the potty is such a huge deal!! If he can do that then peeing wont be a problem. I bet he'll be totally potty trained within 2wks. Good luck:)