Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I HATE when my baby is sick

This past week has been crazy. I got sick last Tuesday, VERY sore throat, lost my voice, cough. You know...just the crud. But last Saturday Logan got SO sick. He got a fever out of nowhere, we went to the store real quick to grab some last minute gifts and he just started screaming at the top of his lungs, he was grabbing his head yelling "it's too loud, it's too loud." I grabbed my stuff and went to check out really quick to get him in the car (my sister Jackie was waiting on some pics to finish printing so I just left her stuff in the cart up at the front of the store.) I got Logan is his car seat and he just looked exhausted. Jackie finally came out and we started driving home. I just wanted to get him in the bathtub and get him some Tylenol to break his fever. Well, in the car, his eyes kept rolling back in his head and we couldn't get him to wake up. I FREAKED out and drove straight the the ER. His fever was about 102 and he was so out of it. Once I got him in to get triaged the nurse said that he probably had a febrile seizure and that's why he wouldn't respond and his eyes kept rolling and when kids get high fevers they can get a headache and that's why he kept yelling that it was too loud. The Dr came in and ordered a chest x ray, strep test and urine test. Well strep and urine were fine, but it showed that he has pneumonia on his x ray. We finally got him feeling a little better and took him home to go to sleep. He was getting a little better every day...until Tues (yesterday) He seriously did not get up most of the day, he can not even talk, coughs like crazy and every time he coughed he would start to cry. Something was definitely wrong here. So I took him to the after hours clinic at his pediatricians office and the Dr seems to think he has croup and VIRAL pneumonia and that's why the antibiotics are not fixing him. He wrote out a prescription for a steroid, that will hopefully break up all the crap he is coughing up, and for a cough med with codeine so he could get some sleep and not wake up every hour coughing up a lung. My poor baby, I can not stand when he is sick. It makes me so sad and I just never want to leave his side. The new med seems to be working though, he doesn't cry when he coughs anymore...that's a start.

No comments: