Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Ok so you know how I had the post about Logan's rash? Well the rash still has not gone away and within the last week he has gotten a fever, he has not been eating, drinking or sleeping. He screams ALL day and night. So I decided to take him in to Urgent care on Friday night and they look at his ears and throat and pretty much tell me he is fine. Sending him home with a temp of a 102 and all the same symptoms, I was very uneasy about what was wrong with him. Logan is not a screamer or a fusser. So come Saturday, he starts to get really swollen cheeks and Sunday, wierd black dots on his swollen tongue. I took him to his pediatrician on Monday and my baby has strep. This is very uncommon for kids under 2 and I felt so bad b/c strep SUCKS. I had it one Christmas and I was in Hell. It was the worst feeling. So I am LIVID and the urgent care who didn't even do the quick throat swab that could have had him feeling better 3 days prior. Anyways he is on the road to recovery, slowly, but surely.

2 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

K you are the second person I've heard with bad experiences with urgent care:( The one I heard of before was on Gilbert and something. Which one did you go to? I hope he feels better, poor guy:(

Anjanette said...

Stupid urgent care!! I have had a couple bad experiences with them. I hope little guy is feeling better soon. It's the worst when your babies are sick!